You Don’t Have to Wait for Instagram’s Ad Rollout
Good news for online marketers and business owners: You don’t have to wait for Instagram to rollout its ad availability for your business. If you’ve seen the notice pictured below in your Facebook ad platform, you may have been discouraged about the fact that Instagram ads weren’t available for your business, but thanks to Facebook’s Power Editor, you can take a shortcut and start posting Instagram ads today!
Follow the steps below to start your Instagram advertising campaign today.
To get started, you will need to go to the Facebook page you want to connect with your Instagram account, if it is not already connected.
- Go to your Facebook page and click the settings option in the upper right part of your page.
- Once you’re in settings, click "Instagram ads"
- Click "Add an Account"
- Enter the credentials for the Instagram account you want to connect.
- After you have connected your Instagram page with your Facebook page, you can head to Facebook’s power editor at https://www.facebook.com/ads/manage/powereditor.
- Once you are in the power editor, click the "Create Campaign" button on the top left of the screen, under the manage ads tab.
- Name your campaign.
- Choose the "Clicks to website" objective.
- Name your ad set.
- Name your ad.
- Set your daily budget.
- Set your ad’s schedule.
- Set your ad’s audience.
- Under placements, select Instagram.
- Select the pricing plan for your campaign.
- Click "Manage ads"
- Click your Instagram ad.
- Enter the website link where you want the ad to land. [Continued next page)
- Enter the text for your ad.
- Select the image you want to use for your ad.
- Click "Apply"
- Click "Review Changes."
- Upload changes to your Facebook Ad account.
Congratulations on launching your first Instagram ad! With this social network added to your advertising campaign network, you will be extending your ad’s reach to a network of young internet users that has over 400 million monthly users, with 53% of its users between 18 to 29 years old and 25% of between the ages of 30-49.