SEO and SMM Alert- 9/21/12 Edition
T-minus 5-days until our National Academy of Best-Selling Author’s Best-Seller’s Summit and Gala!!
I couldn’t be any more excited as we gear up for our Summit and Gala next week in LA and then just after that- I head out to San Diego for another TV Shoot with Brian Tracy and Arielle Ford. Going to be a fun few weeks with some of my FAVORITE people we work with!
Enjoy this week’s alerts!
Lindsay’s FAV SEO and SMM Alerts- 9/21/12 Edition
Weekly WordPress Plugin: MarketPress
This ecommerce plugin allows you to accept payment for your product with Paypal, Google checkout and more. It also tracks your sells and enables you to set limits on your products and tons of other stuff! Follow the link to watch a demo. Oh and of course, it’s free.
If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. This article highlights an all-too-popular SEO scam and gives tips on how to spot the signs.
With more and more of your potential customers accessing your website via mobile device, don’t forget to make your site accessible and fast.
This article gives some great ideas on how to utilize those old blogposts buried in your archives.
- 42% of marketers say Facebook is critical or important to their business
- The number of businesses that say Facebook is critical or important to their business has increased by 75%
- 62% of marketers said social media became more important to their marketing campaigns in the last 6 months
- Social medial has a 100% higher lead-to-close rate than outbound marketing
- Companies that acquired customers from Facebook: B2C – 77%, B2B – 43%
- Retail is the top industry that has acquired customers through Facebook
- Marketers struggle with lead generation on Facebook
- 80% of US social network users prefer to connect to brands through Facebook
- Brands have seen a 46% increase in user engagement with the new business Timeline
- Brands have seen a 65% increase in user engagement of interactive content with the new Timeline
- Ratio of views to shares of Facebook comments – 9:1
- Auto-posting to Facebook decreases likes and comments by 70%
- Loosening Up Enough to Make a Joke in B2B Marketing
- Loosening Up Enough to Make a Joke in Your "Boring" Industry
- Opening the Feedback Floodgates
- Sharing Competitor Content
- Letting Employees Get Social for Your Company
- Letting Users Upload Their Own Content
- Giving Away Your Secret Sauce
- Taking a Stance on a Controversial Issue
- Posting Content Unrelated to your Brand
- Showing Up on Pinterest When you Have No Business Being There
- Creating Circles
- Creating Hangouts
- Promote your Google+ Page on Your Site
- Adding Content21
If you’re frustrated with your current website, or just looking for a little help, we’re now offering website reviews for only $295 (normally $495)! If you’re interested in learning more please email email@example.com