How Your WiFi Signal Can Gain Facebook Fans
WiFi signals are always in demand, and if you have many customers or other visitors near your business, you can convert the foot traffic into Facebook fans.
With the Facebook Wi-Fi login program, you can:
- Make the action of "Liking" Your Facebook Page the equivalent of entering a password for WiFi access.
- Promote your page to friends of your customers utilizing Facebook WiFi Login who will see their friend "liking" your page when it’s listed in their own respective newsfeed.
- Eliminate all of those requests for your company’s wifi password.
There are some requirements for setting up Facebook Wifi. For starters, you must use one of the following routers:
- Meraki wireless products
- Cisco wireless products
- NETGEAR AC1750 WiFi router
- D-Link Facebook Wi-Fi AC1750 Router (DIR-865L)
- Open-Mesh wireless products
- Aruba Networks wireless products
- Intelbras Roteador HotSpot 300
- Ruckus Wireless products
If you have one of the compatible routers, you can set up Facebook WiFi Login by following Facebook’s 6 steps below:
- Log into Facebook.
- Make sure you have a router that supports Facebook Wi-Fi.
- Enable the sign on with Facebook option. This process will be different depending on the router you use:
- Meraki: Launch your wireless router’s admin console and select Sign on with Facebook in the Splash Page section.
- Cisco: Log into your Connect & Engage dashboard from the Cisco Mobility Service Engine 8.0 and select Facebook Wi-Fi on the menu.
- NETGEAR: Visit www.routerlogin.net and click the Advanced tab. Then, click Facebook Wi-Fi > Configure.
- D-Link: Visit dlinkrouter.local. and click the Setup tab > Guest Zone. Check the boxes Enable Guest Zones and Enable Facebook Wi-Fi.
- Open-Mesh: Log in to your network at CloudTrax.com and select Facebook Wi-Fi in the SSID #1 Splash Page section.
- Aruba: Select Facebook Wi-Fi for sign-on, then set the session length and terms of service.
- Intelbras: Visit the IP address provided in your manual, then start the install wizard and select Facebook for Wi-Fi access.
- Ruckus Wireless: Log into ZoneDirector. Click Configure > WLANs > Create WLAN > for WLAN Type, select Social Media > for Social Media Login, select Facebook.
- The Facebook Wi-Fi Configuration panel will open in a new window. In the dropdown menu, select the Facebook Page associated with your business’s location.
- In the Bypass Mode section, you can choose whether customers can use a Wi-Fi code that you give them or click on a link to skip checking in.
- Click Save Settings.
Congratulations! You’ve added a new avenue to introduce people to your Facebook page.