Video-Marketing Quick-Start Guide: How to Set Up Your Video-Marketing System
A couple of months ago Google released its “Panda” update. The update effectively made article syndication worthless and with no SEO value. The many marketers who used article syndication as a part of their overall SEO strategy need to now figure out what to replace it with. With the release of Google’s Panda update the importance of video and social media has skyrocketed. Now, more than ever, video is a MUST in your online-marketing strategy.
Why You Must Start Video-Marketing Immediately!
There are five important reasons you must start using videos without delay:
1. Google. Enough said.
YouTube is the second largest search engine in the world, second only to Google (Google also owns YouTube). Instead of having to read solutions, videos provide face-to-face solutions and searchers now use various videos sites (no, not just YouTube) as search engines.
2. Creating short videos for the Internet is simple, quick, and inexpensive.
You can create and upload videos to YouTube without expensive equipment or technical expertise. All you need is a computer, a web camera and a good Internet connection. Most modern computers have a web camera and microphone built in that can be used to record your video. Free software is also available to edit your video before exporting to YouTube (Windows Movie Maker for PC users and iMovie for Mac users).
3. Leverage the massive popularity of YouTube for free.
YouTube gets more than two billion views a day. By uploading your videos to YouTube, you get access to more than two billion viewers worldwide every day. Best of all, you can create your own video channel to upload and share your videos on YouTube free of charge.
4. Develop better rapport and connection with your prospects.
Using online videos allows you to establish a personal relationship and generate a greater level of trust with your audience. You also gain greater credibility because video content is perceived to be more valuable than text or audio content.
5. Benefit from viral spread of your videos.
YouTube enables viewers to freely share their favorite videos and to embed them in their own websites and on Facebook. This can result in the rapid spread of your videos across the Internet because users are more likely to share videos rather than text or audio.
How to Set Up Your Video-Marketing System Using These Five Simple Steps
Creating your first video may seem scary, if you have never done it before. That’s natural whenever you do something for the first time. Think of it as a learning experience and create a short and simple video to upload to YouTube. Once you successfully create your first video, you will gain tons of confidence. In time, you may find it’s easier and more fun to produce video content than text content.
1. Create your first video for YouTube.
Thankfully, you no longer need a studio to produce high-quality videos for YouTube. To create your first online video, follow these simple steps:
- Write a script for your video (or at least an outline for what you want to say).
- Set up the elements of the shooting area of your video, which includes positioning the camera, subject, script, microphone and lights.
- Record your video using the free software on your computer and save it as a computer file.
- Edit your video using the same software and then export the file as a movie file that can be uploaded to YouTube.
2. Register for a free account and set up your YouTube video channel.
Before uploading your video, you need to register for am account at YouTube, which is free and painless. Follow these three steps:
- Select the name of your YouTube video channel carefully.
Your YouTube channel name is the same as your username when you register for a YouTube account. Therefore, choose your username carefully before registering. Do some keyword research and choose a name that contains the main keyword phrase of your targeted niche. For example; if you’re in the dieting industry, instead of choosing a user/channel name like “johnsmith007,” use “loseweightnaturally.” Your YouTube channel address will then be youtube.com/user/loseweightnaturally, which is more likely to appeal to your target audience.
- Enter relevant keywords in your YouTube video channel fields.
The right keywords in fields such as channel title, type and tags fields will increase the chance of new prospects visiting your site and also help to optimize your channel for search engines.
- Set up a professional YouTube video channel background.
A professional background is a simple way to stand out from your competitors. To upload a new background to your channel, click on the “Show advanced options” link in the “Themes and Colors” tab of your channel page. Then click on the option to upload your new channel background. (Note: you will need a designer to design this image — if you’re looking for some help, contact me at Lindsay@CelebritySites.com)
3. Upload your first video on YouTube.
- After signing in to your YouTube account, click the “Upload” link at the top of the YouTube page and then click the “Upload video” button.
- Select the file you want to upload and click “Open.”
- Enter information about your video including title, description, tags and category while your video is uploaded.
- Click “Save changes” to save the updates you’ve made to the video file.
4. Optimize your video for your audience and search engines.
Title field: Choose a title for your YouTube video so that people can find it easily and it ranks for the right keywords inside the YouTube search engine. For example; if your video contains tips to lose weight naturally, name it “Natural Weight Loss Tips.”
Description field: Write a short article describing your video using relevant keywords.
Tags field: Add the most important and relevant keywords in the tags area.
5. Embed your YouTube video on your website.
Once you have successfully uploaded your video to YouTube, copy the code from the “Embed HTML” box, which you can find in your “Edit Video” page. This code can be sent to your webmaster to be added to your website. (If your website was created using WordPress, simply click “Edit HTML” within the post editor of your post, paste the video’s code into the body of your post and click “Publish post.”)
Taking Video One Step Further
YouTube is currently the #1 video syndication site. However, THERE ARE OTHERS. And if you search the “video” results in Google you will see that. Sites like Metacafe.com and Dailymotion.com are also great websites to post your videos. The best FREE resource we have found is Tubemogul.com. Tubmogul allows you to post your video on numerous video sites at one time (yes, including YouTube, MetaCafe and DailyMotion).
Thousands of new websites and blogs are created every day. Whether you are already an online entrepreneur or you are planning to start, you have to use new marketing techniques to stand apart from the crowd. The quickest and most effective way to succeed online is to use videos to leverage their tremendous search-engine popularity.