‘Twas the Night Before Christmas… SEO and SMM Alert- 12/24/10 Addition
‘Twas the Night Before Christmas…
So, I said I would never do it… guess that teaches me to "never say never."
I went Christmas shopping on December 23rd on one side of town, and have more to do on the other side of town today… Christmas Eve.
I used to look at these shopping holidays on par with Black Friday and something I vowed I would NEVER do. Apparently, traveling coast to coast for the past couple weeks and planning all events for 2011 had other plans with my Christmas shopping. I joked that what wasn’t accomplished via online shopping they would just get an IOU… then I heard my mother’s voice kick in that just said "Lindsay." (Note the period at the end…, which true meant dissatisfaction) And so I did it… and holy cow it was a nightmare! I have NO idea how people do it. Apparently my patience is not up to par with "day before" shopping.
At least I’m more prepared for business in 2011 then Christmas tomorrow!
Enjoy this week’s alerts!
Lindsay’s SEO and SMM Alert- 12/24/10 Addition
One of my good friends, and someone I look up to in the social media world, has written a simply FAB article that explains how to customize your landing tabs, add your blog, add videos and photos, add chat, add polls, contests, geolocation, scheduling, email, ecommerce and much more. If you read nothing else READ THIS ONE!
(Ok, HORRIBLE title, but I didn’t pick it! J) This article is especially important for you Ning and Hootsuite users as they are now integrated. You can now engage with your ning community within Hootsuite. Check out the article for more specifics.
- Social Sharing of News
- Increase in "Direct Editorial"
- Greater Demand for Exclusives
- Growth in Multimedia
- Data, Graphics and Apps
- Local Advertising Becomes Relevant Again With Location
- Silicon Valley Will Be the Next Madison Avenue
- Influencers Will Be the Celebrities of the Social Web
- Small Will Be the New Big for Social Networks
- Brands Will Become More Like Media Companies
- Facebook "Likes" Will Be Important for Your Brand
- Increased Spending on Websites
- Smartphone Revolution
- Social Shopping and E-Commerce Advancements
- More Focused Social Media Efforts
- Increased Adoption of Cloud Computing
Do you know all 29?
(Check out the full article- some of these are more accurate than others, and I tend to agree)
- This Real Time Search Thing is Outta Here
- Twitter’s Link Graph is the Real Deal
- Personalized Search is Here to Stay
- It’s Going to Be a Two-Engine 80/20 World
- Site Explorer and Linkdomain Will Disappear
- SEO Spending Will Rise Dramatically
- 2010 is the Year of Conversion Rate Optimization
- More Queries Will Send Less Traffic
One Phrase: LONG-TAIL KEYWORDS!
Social Media is becoming more and more important. Are you currently using all these tactics? Check out the article to find out which holes you might need to fill to boost followers in 2011!