Tools to Help You Maintain Social Media Over the Holidays
As it gets closer and closer to the end of the year, you’ll be spending more and more time with your family and friends, and less and less time on social media. However, you don’t want to just leave your followers hanging over the holidays. Not only are you likely to lose followers, but you’re also missing great opportunities to connect with your clients on a more personal level.
To help save you time, and make maintaining your accounts stress-free, here are five apps you can use to help you out during this holiday season:
1) Hootsuite: No one wants to spend their time tweeting while they’re decorating cookies with their children, or at a holiday party. Instead, schedule holiday posts in advance so that you’re truly free to spend time with those you care about.
2) Buffer: If you work with a social media company that normally manages your social media accounts, they’ll likely have your accounts in Hootsuite, and two people can’t manage the same account at the same time in that program. Buffer is a great (and really easy to use) option so that you can schedule any personal posts you’d like to add. It’s free to set up one account per social media site.
3) Over: With more color and font options than many similar apps (and the ability to buy more fonts), Over allows you to easily customize photos with fun graphics and text, and then share them on many popular social media sites right from the app. It’s a perfect way to add a little holiday cheer, and it’s only $1.99 for iPad and iPhone!
4) Chisel: You can download the toolbar add-on, then turn any highlighted text on a web page into a beautiful quote image in just a few minutes. It’s the perfect way to share your favorite holiday quotes, song lyrics, etc. with all your followers, while only using a tiny amount of your day.
5) Canva: The site is still in closed BETA, but if you reserve your URL, you’ll get access pretty quickly. Canva is a little more in-depth than the other sites listed, but allows you to create nicely designed graphics for your blog and social media in a short amount of time, with NO Photoshop skills necessary. Almost all of Canva is completely free, unless you want to use one of their premium (but fair-use!) images. Then each image is just $1.
I hope this helps you continue to maintain (and have fun) on your social media accounts all season long, without taking precious time away from your friends and family. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch!