SEO and SMM Alerts- 9/2/11 Edition
So a funny thing happened the other night that I thought I would share- it just goes to show you- Facebook can be used for many things! Even as a location device!
This week has been a little hectic…so I decided to unwind with a glass on wine (ok, so maybe two or three) and a movie Wednesday night (FDN, family dinner night, was suspended for a week because Mom and Dad were out of town).
Realizing I hadn’t looked at my phone in quite some time (very unheard of for me) I decided I should probably do that. This is what I had….
1 missed call from Momma
1 voicemail from Momma
1 text message from Momma
1 text message from Daddy
1 test message for my sister
1 text message from my best friend
I then glanced at Eric’s phone…. He had one missed call from my brother-in-law.
Clearly something was up….
Come to find out- that my sister had also posted on Facebook. "If anyone knows the location of my sister, have her call me or mom. It is an emergency, thank you!"
That post then started a series of other posts and text messages from mutual friends that thought something had happened to me (including the one that had been sent from my best friend).
No, I was safe… just watching a movie. And while the reason behind why they needed to get in touch with me ASAP wasn’t funny… the story itself was pretty comical.
Who knew Facebook could help locate a "lost" family member!
By the way- I don’t know if you saw my email on Wednesday about the webinar Lewis Howes (my friend, and go-to LinkedIn guy) is having on driving traffic with YouTube THIS afternoon at 2pm EST… but if you haven’t checked it out- you should now!
CLICK HERE to register!
It’s going to be a GREAT webinar!
Enjoy this week’s alerts!
Oh yeah… and welcome back college football! GO GATORS!!! 🙂
Lindsay’s FAV SEO and SMM Alerts- 9/2/11 Edition
- Facebook makes changes to control privacy and sharing
- Google+ button is enhanced to share content with Google+ circles
- You can ignore and block people in Google+
- New Twitter galleries for images
Need a little help with Facebook Ads? Check out this step- by-step guide that literally walks you through it all!
- Your customers don’t trust you
- Your customers don’t care about your brand
- Your posts are boring
- People care about causes more than brands
- People share to build relationships with others
- Customers are looking for validation
- People share to manage information
- You’ve misunderstood your audience
- People are more personal with email
Tips and tricks…
- Split test
- Keep it simple
- Know your audience
- Forget what you like and what you think
- Match your message
- Space usage
- Benefits sell
- Don’t play hard to get
- Establish trust
- Font and color
- Advances search queries
- Use Twitter tools to find niche bloggers
- Look at blogroll and directory links
- Reverse image search
- Use PPVC advertising to find advertising opportunities
- Use BuzzStream
- Ask questions
- Use what’s already out there
- Utilize existing relationships
- Keep a tight scope
- Offer something new
- Feedback is key
- Have a killer hook