SEO and SMM Alerts- 7/22/11 Edition
Purse- mmmmm I’m working on it 🙂
Hotel, Flight and Ticket- check, check, check!
Looks like I’m almost ready for the EMMYS!!! And as we gear up to head out there 1 week from today you want to be sure that we’re friends on Facebook so you can see all the pics I’ll be posting!
Enjoy this week’s alerts!
Lindsay’s FAV SEO and SMM Alerts- 7/22/11 Edition
- Mistake #1: It’s all about you
- Mistake #2: You’re overselling
- Mistake #3: You’re not embracing outside experts
- Mistake #4: You don’t produce useful information
- Mistake #5: You haven’t made it easy for people to share
- Mistake #6: You aren’t engaging people
- Mistake #7: You’re not giving people a reason to return
- Metrics- What are you objectives as a new community manager?
- Listening- Where does your target audience hang out already?
- Offer value to draw people in- Create a content plan.
- Don’t forget about email- It’s the glue that makes social media stick.
- Connect in real life- Incorporate Meetups into your community strategy
- Offer an email blog subscription
- Add a welcome pop-up for new visitors to drive emails subscribers
- Include relevant calls to action on your blog posts
- Keep it light and easy
- Be your own advertiser
- Optimize your offers with landing pages
- Google Email Alert System
With Google analytics- you can now track these actions on your site:
- Facebook Like, Unlike and Send
- Twitter (only via the "official" Tweet button, not Tweetmeme or other third-party buttons)
- Customer Testimonials
- Product Showcases
Study shows there is a correlation domain length, slower response time and too many Google AdSense spots with lower rankings. Check out the study!