SEO and SMM Alerts- 7/1/11 Edition
HAPPY EARLY 4th OF JULY!!!
Well we knew it would come… Google’s very own social network.
I haven’t looked too much into it- but at first glance, I’m not sold… and getting people to switch from a platform they use multiple times a day (Facebook) to a whole new interface might be a challenge. I think it will have to be magical to get people out of their current ways and into something new, although I do finally see the important of Google’ +1 as when someone "+1" something you post (like you "like" something in Facebook) that will be available in Google’s search engine results. I do also like the video chat for 10 people.
You can check out more here: Google+
Hope you have a great holiday weekend!
Lindsay’s FAV SEO and SMM Alerts- 7/1/11 Edition
- Embed a retweet button in a free chapter of the book
- Create a "spread the word" page
- Design a Facebook photo contest
- Organize a Top 50 bloggers promotion
- Broadcast live videos with experts
- Add social share buttons
- Add Facebook comments
- Leverage photos on Facebook
- Create fun videos
"If you’ve worked with Google in the past you’ll know just how hard it is to rank for Google Places for many searches. It’s also apparent how important Google Places have become – they often take up the top parts of the page for a search term. So even if you rank first for a certain keyword, you could see three to six Google Places ranking above you. The question is, what tricks can you use to secure your spot?" Check out this article for some great tips!
- It’s all about the user
- Content: Focus on quality over quantity
- Links: Focus on quality over quantity
- Make the most of social media, social sharing and social search
- Let the search engines know you’re there
- The truth behind duplicate content
- Don’t overdo the advertising
Meta data just got more important….
A great little sheet, check it out!
- Judging a Site’s Authority by PageRank Alone
- Building Links with Only One Keyword or Keyword Phrase
- Aiming for a Billion Links!
- Only Link to Your Homepage
- Analyze Competitors Backlinks Who Don’t Rank for your Target Keywords