SEO and SMM Alerts- 6/24/11 Edition
Through what has been a frustrating week dealing with several representatives from my current bank who undoubtedly are a part of the department Dan Kennedy kindly refers to as "customer prevention," I was reminded of a very important business lesson….
Even though we have an ever growing team who handle various aspects of our business- some are in completely different departments- it’s so important for them to all know the general gist of what is happening throughout all parts of our companies. So, when a customer (or potential customer) asks a question and they don’t know the answer instead of just saying "I don’t handle that," they can politely say "I’m sorry I don’t handle that, but Susie does and if you hold on for just a second I’ll put you in contact with her so that she can help you."
Such a simple thing, but I don’t ever want to forget it!
Have a great weekend and enjoy this weeks alerts!
Lindsay’s FAV SEO and SMM Alerts- 6/24/11 Edition
These are some really cool resources and could make a very unique business gift!
Here are some of the things you’ll learn in this video:
- How location-based services are changing the way businesses use social media
- What types of businesses get the most out of location-based services
- How the smartphone revolution impacts social media marketing
- Why computer-based services will become more mobile-friendly
- Why businesses need to approach social media marketing with clear, attainable goals
- How larger companies are more strategic in their social media marketing
- Why more mainstream businesses will embrace social media in the future
Looking for an easy way to incorporate the power of Digg’s social bookmarking into your website? Check this article out!
Facebook tabs made easy 🙂 Check it out!
- Socialbakers- paid service that monitors your Facebook stats
- Kurrently- free service that gives you real-time search engine results for facebook and twitter.
- Blekko- create groups of urls, friends and communities that you want to search within
- Social Mention- allows you to set up social media alerts for specific keywords
- Klout- measure awareness on Twitter and Facebook
- PostRank Analytics- measures customer loyalty
- Blogsearch.Google- another way to search and there are many tools to monitor keywords
- Twitterfall- monitor your brand on Twitter
- Friend or Follow- you can see who’s not following you back on Twtiter
- Wetoky- make side-by-side video interviews
- Socialcam- easy way to share videos with your social networks right from your phone!
- Stupeflix- integrate after-effects to your photos and videos
As of this week, YouTube now allows you to take off its logo.
- Create fresh and original content
- Share to build social context
- Use location and time to enhance relevance