SEO and SMM Alerts- 5/13/11 Edition
Well, the Derby was a success! A part from waking up with a HORRIBLE cold on Saturday- we still had a fabulous time! Right now I only have a few pics up on Facebook (I wasn’t feeling up to taking pictures so those are a couple that have been emailed to me) BUT I assure you more are coming- so keep checking back!
Make sure you pay attention to this alert- it will help your Likes on your Facebook fan pages…
Not only can you tag your friends in photos… but you can now tag Facebook pages in photos as well!
Enjoy your weekend and this week’s alerts!
Lindsay’s FAV SEO and SMM Alerts- 5/13/11 Edition
Why your blogs posts may not be showing up in Google alerts….
LikeJournal saves your Likes as searchable social bookmarks you can share with your friends.
Here are some takeaways from the video:
- How to use print marketing pieces to generate conversations and get more customers.
- Why you should consider promoting your customers.
- How to encourage people to come to your local business.
- How to use photos to create an experience online.
- How to use Twitter for real-time monitoring and what to look for.
- The biggest thing businesses forget to do on Foursquare and why it makes the difference.
- How to create stories for customers to talk about when they get back to their offices.
- How to put out a social media fire.
- How to get customers to brag about your products.
- Known your audience
- Know their needs
- Know your business
- Know your stuff
- Know your limitations
- Know how to appreciate
This posts explains how to use Google alerts and RSS feeds to create your own (free) social media monitoring dashboard.
- Find local people using tweets near you
- Find local people with your city name in their profile
- Find local people with Twitter advances search
- Find local people using twitter grader
- Find local people using Twellohood
Check it out- among the changes, here are these new features:
- Inclusive of Ad sitelinks
- Improves add/update multiple and import CSV tools
- Set high-end mobile targeting options
- Better manage multiple targeting options
- Improved navigation for MCC and accounts
Here are some of the things this article suggests:
- Have the URL string match the keyword you want to rank for – not the title of the post.
- Have the blog post title use the optimal headline for virality.
- Use the official Tweet Button over Tweetmeme
- Implement a Custom Title Tag Using WordPress/Thesis/whatever your interface is
- Create a Custom Title Tag skewed towards your keyword focus
Panda, Panda, Panda….
Have you had a chance to identify you top performing (and worst performing pages) yet? If you need a little help- check out this article that shows you quick steps to export to excel so you can make adjustments, if need be.