SEO and SMM Alerts- 3/30/12 Edition
In case you’re wondering, no you didn’t miss my alert the last two weeks- I’ve just been slacking! SO even though we are hosting 20 of the country’s top fitness experts in our office for another photo and TV shoot today, I am huddled in a corner making sure I get this email out!
Have you heard about the new Algorithm changes? Yes they changed, again. It’s Google- that’s what they do! With this update many of the blog networks were getting deindexed.
To sum it up This latest move by Google is a yet another sign that they are moving in a direction where they will continually penalize those breaking the guidelines Google has provided, discussed and encouraged us to follow. "SearchEngineJournal.com
You can read more of the article here An Opinion on the Google Deindexing Blog Networks News
Enjoy this week’s alerts!
Lindsay’s FAV SEO and SMM Alerts- 3/30/12 Edition
- Add Customer Comments and Testimonials to Your Website
- Share Event Invitations
- Add Opinions and Ideas from Others to Your Blog Posts
- Continue a Twitter Conversation in a Blog Post
- Recap Highlights From a Tweet Chat into a Blog Post
- Share Comments Made During an Event
- Share Audience Comments During a Training Class, Webinar or Speaking Engagement
- Add a Tweet to Your Email Signature
- Understand Your Sales Funnel
- Optimize Your Path to Conversion
- Provide Opportunities for Soft Conversion
- Nurture the Social Media Lead Differently
- Measure Your Results
- Use Their Keywords, Not Just Yours
- Size Matters
- Train the Google Machine
- Author Authority
- Web Links Both Ways
- Engage and be Engaging
- Use +1 Buttons
- Use Pictures and Videos
This is a really good article on why video content is good and how to use it best.
- Customer testimonials
- Website product pages
- Press releases
- Bad stock photography
- Mounds of meaningless text
- ˜About us’ page
- Email newsletter
This topic isn’t discussed very often- but VERY important. Check it out!