SEO and SMM Alerts- 3/2/12 Edition
About 5 months ago my sister introduced me to Pinterest. It has not only become my latest obsession but the latest talk by any Social Media blog site.
So what is it? How does it work?
It’s basically a virtual bookmarking site where instead of bookmarking a URL by text, you bookmark the URL by an image, or actually you pin it.
While I am busy planning my wedding for this summer I have found great use in pinning all sorts of florists, cake designers, linen shops and more. I also frequently pin new recipes I like, or recipes I’d like to try.
Now, you may need to get a little creative in how you can incorporate this into your business so it’s not seen as spam, but I assure you, you can.
Here are some ideas:
- A gym could pin do-it-at-home exercise schedules, healthy recipes
- A florist could pin pictures of their bouquets and floral arrangements
- A clothing boutique could pin latest outfits
- An author could pin Favorite Books (yours.)
- A jewelry owner could pin their latest pieces
- A salon could pin hair styles
- A travel agent could pin pictures of locations to travel to
- And so on.
Looking for a little more help on Pinterest? Check out this article:
Click here ==> 26 Tips for Using Pinterest for Yor Business
Happy Friday, happy pinning and enjoy this weeks alerts!
Lindsay’s FAV SEO and SMM Alerts- 3/2/12 Edition
- Fill Out Your Page
- Add Links Throughout Your Page
- Make Use of the Hover Text
- Promote Your Business Page Everywhere
- Get Your Employees on Google+
- Be Interesting
- Build value around registration
- Eliminate as many fields as possible
- Group fields logically
- Break up long registration processes into steps
- Make your security and privacy policies as clear as day
- Make password requirements secure, but not ridiculous
- Make password recovery easy
- Give the option to refresh captcha
- Clearly identify and explain form field errors
- Consider offering social sign-in
- Provide a guest checkout option
- Let visitors decide how long to stay signed in
We always hear about the external links that you need to get your website to improve your rankings- but don’t forget the internal linking on your site!
- Begin with Subjects & Verbs
- Include Numbers
- Use Adverbs Sparingly
- Keep it Between 90 and 150 Characters
- Make Language less Technical and More Practical
Need a little help with optimizing your YouTube videos? Check out this article!
A GREAT how to