SEO and SMM Alerts- 2/3/12 Edition
As you probably know, I am one of two girls in my family. Being the youngest, and by that point my mother telling my father there was no possible chance he would have a son, I became sort of a tomboy growing up. I know- CLEARLY difficult to image now looking at the outer "girlie-girl" that I am, but I assure you that I shopped in the boys department until about age 15 when I made the Varsity cheerleading squad…. My mother was so proud for multiple reasons….
Although I may look like a fashionista- my inner core (well, despite the emotional breakdowns that women have for really no apparent reason at all- ask Eric, he loves them :)) is sports and cars…. No, no, not camping- don’t worry I’m not that boy-ish 🙂
But I DO love my sports… and cars. In fact on the way home the other day I speeded (yes, Dad, speeded) up so I could specifically look at the beautiful white Ferrari 458 in front of me. I thought about how my conversation with an officer might go if I got pulled over; "Sorry Officer that I was driving like I just left the Rolex 24- but I was speeding to catch the 458 in front of me…"
Yes- I doubt he would have found the humor in my excuse.
But like cars, I love sports… and although I do prefer college football (Go Gators!) to the NFL, I still love football.
And what’s the weekend?! The Super Bowl!! Now- although I care little who wins because the Bucs haven’t won a Super Bowl since 2002, I am, like most, excited by the Super Bowl ads…
But here is my thought about those famous Super Bowl ads. Why, only one day out of the year, does everyone focus on marketing? Only one day. Are we doing that in our businesses? Unfortunately- I know that I am guilty of that. I am too focused on running the business (or playing the game) and slack on my marketing… which I shouldn’t.
So don’t let your business be like the Super Bowl- where you’re only marketing on one big day a year!
Enjoy the alerts… and the game! 🙂
Lindsay’s FAV SEO and SMM Alerts- 2/3/12 Edition
Did you get an alert this week (maybe even two) about Google’s privacy changing? What does it mean? Check out this article to find out!
- Include social icons in emails
- Ask email subscribers to share and connect
- Send a dedicated email campaign
- Provide incentive
- Promote email sign-up via social networks
- Include "retweet this" snippet in email
- Don’t forget SMS (text)
- Promote email marketing on your blog
Check out this article for a summary of what’s new and different including, new navigation, reporting features, Adword metrics, and more!
- Write content that attracts Editorial In-content Links
- Fix other people’s broken links
- Create a desirable image library
- Offer to write a column or do a guest post
- Go to where you target audience hands out
- Fill gaps in content
- Contact big media at the right time
- Approach government or education sites
- Buy links without penalty
- Know the difference between a good and bad site
- Add a customer URL in the newly placed description area
- Add overlays to ALL of your videos
- Prevent other ads from showing on your video
- Check "Always take subscribers to the Feed Tab"
- Prioritize your favorite channels on your home page using the pinned subscribers feature.