SEO and SMM Alerts- 2/25/11 Addition
Hope you’ve had a great week!
Have you checked out my latest article "11 Myths About Social Media Marketing"? If not, check it out here:
Also- GRAMMY pics are up! If you haven’t had a chance to check out the fun, go here now!
==> www.Facebook.com/LindsayDicks (and feel free to leave a comment, or two! :))
Enjoy this week’s alerts!
Lindsay’s FAV SEO and SMM Alerts- 2/25/11 Addition
Google has been talking about it for a while now… I’m not worried- but you should be aware of it.
Couple weeks ago, news broke that Facebook would no longer are new FBML tabs to Fan Pages- instead, iframes will be used. I’m interested to see how well they work, as iframes have notoriously plagued web developers in the past (or should I say- plagued certain browsers). But if you want to make your facebook more engaging- I guess we’ll learn to love them!
Great post from my friend (and SEO guru) Keith Baxter- he helps explain the JC Penny uproar.
- Know why you want to blog, who you’re creating the content for and what you want to get out of it
- Target your customers when you write because if you simply write in general about your topic you’ll only attract your peers
- Take advantage of the popularity of list posts
- Use stories because they never go out of fashion
- Draw from real experience to show more emotions and engage readers as a person so they can connect with you on a human level
- Don’t give up too soon
- Grow a thick skin and learn how to deal with the personal attacks that come with blogging and putting yourself out there
The primary benefits of the LinkedIn Tweets application are:
- Follow your LinkedIn connections on Twitter
- Post status updates simultaneously to both Twitter and LinkedIn
- Monitor and interact with your Twitter streams from within LinkedIn
- Create a LinkedIn-specific Twitter list
What follows is an amazing list of social media tools you’ve likely never heard of—covering a wide range of categories:
- Tools for pictures, video, audio and screen capture
- Tools to measure and track results
- Tools to manage content
- Blogging tools
- Twitter tools
- Other social media tools
- Many Functions are Changed
- The New Masthead Expanded Opportunity for Creatives
- Bye-Bye Tabs- Now What Do We Call Them?
- Use Facebook as Your Page or Personal Profile- Shape-Shifting!
- Featured Liked Pages- A Great Opportunity for Promotion and Partnership
- New Wall Filters and Admin View- Improved Page Management
- Email Notifications for Page Activity
- Static FBML App is Out; iFrame Applications Only- Sort of…
"Digg has sent an email to all its publisher members (ourselves being one) explaining its decision to discontinue accepting RSS submissions, a feature it introduced in its last big release."
Check out these great tips for getting your content seen on Face