SEO and SMM Alerts- 11/18/11 Edition
Brian Tracy is one of my favorite people we do business with. And while he was in town shooting our Meet the Experts TV Show I was able to have lunch with him. Discussing business with him and him asking my opinion on Online Marketing is something I’m not sure I’ll ever get used to!
When we were discussing sales processes, online marketing and much more- we discussed the main problem today is that people are afraid to ask for the sale. It suddenly hit me- that fear is the reason that people’s "online marketing" attempts either thrive or fail.
So many people look at Social Media as the be all end all… the magic bullet if you will, and unfortunately, as we know… that magic bullet doesn’t exists.
There are two ways to use social media:
- Spend time "messing" with it, trying to update your status often and engage, maybe even photos and videos but never getting any sales
- Use for engagement but ask for the sale
This is the true value of Facebook.
Social Media works much like organic Google rankings. It is where people go to check your credibility… but then there is all that other marketing that is done to get them there and make the sale. Sale with Social Media and that is where services like Facebook ads place a vital role in your overall online marketing strategy.
Here are some interesting stats that I posted in last week’s alerts that I’m not sure you caught:
- Over 80% of all Americans use a social network
- Nearly 23% of online time is spent on a social network
- More than half of Facebook users log in every day- that’s more than 400 million people
- 51% of Facebook users and 64% of Twitter users are more likely to buy from the brands they follow.
Now you can look at that and say "I’m already using social media… why am I not getting any business?" Or you can ask for the sale.
If you need help with "asking for the sale." …. Don’t’ be afraid to ask! We’re here to help! J
Enjoy this week’s alerts!
Lindsay’s FAV SEO and SMM Alerts- 11/18/11 Edition
So Google finally got smart last week and released pages for Google+. Check out this tutorial!
This was just rolled out last night and it now lists "10 of the hottest and most popular discussion items on the social network." "Google has also rolled out some additional improvements to Google+ Search. Google+ users can now search within just their own posts, their circles or the entire Google+ network. The search giant has also changed the layout of the search page with several UI tweaks."
- Update/create and complete your company page
- Build followers for your LinkedIn company page
- Provide interesting and value-added company page updates
- Engage and network with people from companies you follow
- Monitor and focus your efforts
- Identify your keywords
- Call to action
- Upload your transcript
- Get backlinks
- Promote the video
Need some help with link- building? Check out this article!
Step-by-Step instructions! Check it out!
All 20 are good but here are a few I really like:
- Don’t stop with text on Facebook pages: include videos and pictures!
- Start discussions with influential people on Twitter
- Use LinkedIn answers to answer industry-related questions and position yourself and your business as a thought leader on a particular subject.