SEO and SMM Alert- 12/17/10 Addition
Back in Orlando from an amazing two weeks in both New York for our Best-Sellers’ Summit Awards and Gala and then San Diego for our Meet the Experts show with Arielle Ford. We had an amazing time on both coasts and pictures of those events can be seen on my Facebook.
Click here –> www.Facebook.com/LindsayDicks
Although both trips were a good time filled with some wonderful people, I’m looking forward to spending time with my family for Christmas next week (and catching my breath for a few days!).
What are your plans?
Whatever they are, I hope you enjoy the quieter times (like I will! J)!
If you haven’t checked out my latest article on Facebook marketing, check it out!
Click here –> 6 Tips to Improved Facebook Marketing
Enjoy this week’s alerts!
Lindsay’s SEO and SMM Alert- 12/17/10 Addition
Anybody notice that Facebook was down yesterday? Facebook accidentally went live with some new features and roughly 45 minutes later realized the mistake and disabled the site. Check out this post as a sneak peak to what’s in store!
Check out these growth stats including Twitter signing on more than 100 million users in 2010.
"The report, based on a survey of 535 "high-achieving and high-earning" Gen Y adults (average age: 27), also shows that blogs and newspapers are both a part of their daily news mix; about half of respondents read both on a daily basis." See full article for more stats.
Are you missing out on one of the greatest secrets for content for your blog? Check out this article for how you can incorporate interviews into your content marketing strategy.
- Daily Story Feedback
- Look at Klout
- Post Rank
- Share Your Voice
- Search Volume
- Inbound Links
Are you missing any of these pieces?
- Planning Your Business Blog
- Your Blog Content
- Blog Design
- Marketing Your Blog
- Engaging Your Audience
Wow. This is thoroughly helpful… check out full article for shortcuts for search, Google docs, analytics and much more!
Looking for a great checklist on what needs to be done? Make sure to check this out!
Here’s a question I get asked about a lot… the 301 redirect. What is it and why do I need it? Check out this article to make sure you’re not making some major mistakes!
- Make sure you have geo-targeted content
- Spend time on keyword selection
- Create localized content
- Attracting local inbound links
- Your social media channels are overly promotional
- A personality hasn’t been developed for your social channels
- A two- way conversation with your audience isn’t taking place
- You’re using the wrong social media sites
- Your website doesn’t promote your social channels
- Your social media profiles don’t have enough fresh content
- You’re outsourcing your content creation to non-experts
- You’re expecting immediate results and therefore giving up
- You’re not having fun