So I’m not Bridezilla… I’m not… really… even my father, who is always the quickest to remind of how stubborn I am and that I can be a little demanding, will tell you that I TRULY have been VERY laid back about this whole wedding process. I am more excited than anything for “our big day” but marrying Eric is way more important than anything else.
However… OMG! I only thought I was doing well… until I had a problem with my shoes (see prior Friday Alert), then there was a problem with the bridesmaid dresses (they apparently decided NOT to tell me that they were running late and that they would be in only SEVEN DAYS before the wedding… not ok), then the flowers were wrong, then…. then… then….
Not to mention you slap “wedding” onto anything and it immediately becomes more expensive, even if it’s the same damn thing!
Which leads me to two things…
1. How important your own terminology is in your business…. For example, you can’t just have a cake, it has to be a “wedding cake”… you can’t just have a dress, it has to be a “wedding dress”… just by adding one little word you immediately get to charge more because it’s special; your USP. This is done all the time in businesses (although probably not as often as it should). Are you doing it in yours?
2. If a client freaks out at you because of some “minor” detail… remember, it’s not minor to them
Hope you have something wonderful planned for the fathers in your life! We’re getting ready to head over to the beach to spend the weekend with both Eric and I’s Dads.
Below is this week’s alert and Happy Father’s Day to the fathers out there!
Lindsay’s FAV SEO and SMM Alerts- 6/15/12 Edition
Wordpress Plugin: Event Organizer
Create and maintain events, including complex reoccurring patterns, venue, management with Google maps, calendars and customizable event lists!
7 Ways to Increase Your Blog Visibility With Social Sharing
These easy steps can be the key to optimizing your blog visibility and driving more traffic to your blog content!
- Identify Your Most Popular Posts and Keywords
- Track and Leverage Trends
- 3.Think “Why Would People Share This?”
- Make the Most of Your Headline
- Test Different Kinds of Promotion
- Optimize Your Content for Shareability
- Have Something Waiting for New Readers
6 Months with Panda: A Story of Complacency, Hard Decisions, and Recovery
This is great stuff! Read and find out how to recover from Panda if your website is hit. Don’t sit back and think your old content is sufficient; it’s all about cranking out new quality content!
21 SEO Leaders Share Their Best SEO Career Advice
Take it from the experts!
Successfully Overcoming Social Media Challenges
Social Media can sometimes be a challenge, but once you fully grasp the importance of Social Media for business, the opportunities are endless
5 Popular Twitter Habits That Make You Look Like a Spammer
Don’t be a spammer!! Read this article to make sure your Twitter followers don’t “unfollow” you!!
- Direct Message Autoresponders
- Auto Follow-Back
- Hashtag Abuse
- Tweeting Inspirational Quotes
- Bulk Tweets
The Impact of Authoritative Links, Mentions, and Shares on Rankings
This is a GREAT breakdown of HOW your content makes its way to the top of Google using quality content, links, mentions, and shares!!
4 Ways to Create Content that Sells
These are some great tips to discovering quality content for your website and ultimately driving your sales!
- Teach With Story and Sell With Subtleness
- Teach With Video (and a personal touch)
- Teach With Urgency (and a call to action)
- 4.Teach Through Comparison