Posted Friday, September 14th, 2012 by Lindsay Dicks
Hope you have had a great week! Things are SUPER busy in our office as we gear up for our 3rd Annual National Academy of Best-Selling Authors’ Best-Seller’s Summit and Awards Gala! Will I be seeing you there?
Have a great weekend and enjoy this week’s alerts!
Lindsay’s FAV SEO and SMM Alerts- 9/14/12 Edition
Weekly Wordpress Plugin: Proofread Bot
In our fast-paced world, it’s hard not to click “Send” after the first draft of a blog post. Especially when you have clients waiting or emails clamoring for your attention. But a poorly placed comma or a misspelled word can not only distract your reader but it can shave points off of your credibility. This plugin simply checks your spelling and grammar to help you avoid these easily fixable mistakes.
Why High Search Engine Rankings are Critical
This article has great points for small business owners on having the right attitude about SEO and their website.
Are Your Rankings Suffering from Bad Links?
Still in the aftermath of Penguin? Learn why and how to get out from under bad links here.
5 Good and Bad SEO Strategies
- Webmaster Outreach
- Infographics & Viral Content
- Directory Submission
- Guest Posting
- Social Shares
- Automated blog comment bots
- Building links from the same network
- Sneakily redirecting users off your site
- Building links without content around them
8 Ways to Discover Content ideas From Your Readers
- Ask your community
- Check your blog comments
- Check your retweets
- Check your URL click-throughs
- Check your Facebook engagement
- Ask Facebook questions
- Check Twitter favorites
- Check your email newsletter click-throughs
Build Trails for Customers that Don’t Dead End
Few things can be more frustrating for your customer than meeting a dead end when looking for a product or service on your website. This article offers theories on understanding and effectively engaging your customers.
7 Important Digital Assets To Optimize Brand Exposure
I really liked number 6!
- Google Plus
- Open Graph
- SEO and SMM Alert- 8/10/12 Edition
- SEO and SMM Alert- 12/3/10 Addition
- Lindsay’s SEO/SMM Alert- 10/29/10 Addition
- Lindsay’s SEO and SMM Alert – 10/22/10 Addition
- SEO and SMM Alert- 12/17/10 Addition