I shop. I do. I have always loved fashion and clothes and it’s something that Eric definitely had to get used to!
But have you ever really watch an email marketing campaign from a clothing store?
9 times out of 10 they are simply brilliant:
- They know their target market and their ads are geared towards them
- The best ones send you specific emails on what you might like based off your buying habits…. “Why yes I want that over priced pair of shoes- thank you! I definitely needed those!”
- They know their buying cycle and send incentives or discounts when they know the season is high (i.e. Christmas)
- They track EVERYTHING!
Want to see how to get your email list to like your Facebook fan page? Watch some of the larger stores out there and their email marketing campaigns.
Here’s what I know about an email marketer… the person actually creating the email. They are VERY smart and VERY quick witted… They are writers, not designers. How do I know this? Because a very good friend of mine used to be behind the baby ads and just got recruited for hotels. She was taught to design, not taught to write.
Dan Kennedy used to say that if you never want to be hungry, learn to write and it’s very true. The money is always in your list, if you know them and can give them what they want through the power of your words you’ll never go hungry.
Enjoy this week’s alert!
Lindsay’s FAV SEO and SMM Alerts- 10/26/12 Edition
Wordpress Plugin of the Week: Yet Another Related Posts Plugin
This plugin uses a unique algorithm to find archived blogs that are related to your current post!
A Guidebook to Effective Review Management
In honor of Part 2 of our 3-part Tuesday Training series “How to Respond to Negative Feedback on Social Media Sites”, we’re recommending this article to give you more insight into managing your brand on local review sites.
3 Bonuses of Facebook Pages for Small Business
5 Tips for Effective Blog Writing
- Who is Your Blog Post for?
- Does Your Blog Post Layout Flow?
- Target Some Search Phrases Properly
- Do You Monetize Your Blog?
- Do You Take Your Time Writing?
Differentiating Your Website
What do you want your website to look like? Does it reflect your brand? Your products and services? Your market? This article discusses why and how to balance making your website like similar to competitors, but not “too” similar.
Infographic: How to Do Keyword Research for SEO
Keyword confused? Check out this sleek infographic to help you choose your keywords one step at a time.
7 Kinds of Tweets You Need to Send Out Daily
- The retweet of your peers and potential supporters
- The self researched valuable tweet of a source not everybody reads anyway
- The question and/or crowdsourcing tweet asking for support
- The reply to one of your followers/followees tweet offering your advice/insights
- The group conversation tweet addressing more than one person
- The emotional outcry message seeking like-minded individuals to back you
- The “I’m doing something I recommend to you as well” update
If you’re frustrated with your current website, or just looking for a little help, we’re now offering website reviews for only $295 (normally $495)! If you’re interested in learning more please email firstname.lastname@example.org