Lindsay’s SEO and Social Media Marketing Alerts – 2/19 Addition
Posted by Lindsay Dicks
Here are two great articles I read this week that I think are very relevant in the SMM (social media marketing) and SEO (search engine optimization world) that I wanted to share.
Here you go!
This week’s articles with special thanks to @briansolis @brianhorn
How to Use Google Buzz to Market Your Local Business
Have you heard about Google Buzz? Brian does a great job about the impacts it could have on your business and in Google’s local search. Check it out to see the implications it could have for you!
“…While everyone is checking out its cool features and new worlds of communication it has literally just opened up, all of us in the SEO profession are asking: “How will it affect local SEO?” Let me first point out a few all but obvious strategic advantages Google Buzz has over its competition…”read more
Social Media Optimization: SMO is the New SEO
GREAT article on why you now need to make sure you’re focusing on SMO (social media optimization), or as I call it SMM (social media marketing). This article really cuts down why both SEO and SMM are so important.
“…Technicalities involved with wiring SEO are not the same processes required to boost visibility in social networks like Facebook, MySpace, YouTube and Twitter. And it’s in social networks like these where people are increasingly spending time communicating, finding relevant and interesting content, and sharing it with their connections. So now, in addition to SEO, we have to implement and manage a Social Media Optimization (SMO) program around our content to increase visibility in these new environments…”read more
CNBC Contacted me because of Celebrity Sites®!
I just wanted to take a moment to say WOW! My last website took many years and many versions to never quite get what I wanted. In less than 30 days you guys designed and built a brand new website that I love and now, not even 60 days since it’s been live, I’m starting to get calls from television producers! Just last week I got a call from CNBC because they were searching for financial experts to feature on a new show they are launching and they found me thanks to my new website. This is incredible, thanks so much for the great experience. Anyone who isn’t taking advantage of your unique expertise of Celebrity Branding business people online is missing the boat in many ways!
- Brian Fricke, Owner, President
Like any vehicle, it will run smoothly if
and only if
1) the right fuel is used, 2) you make it a priority to maintain it, 3) and you have a great mechanic! As a business owner, having your team in place is critical to success. I was happy with my original website; giving birth to it was a process. But after a while, as it grows so do your needs. You change or your brand changes. It was not a coincidence that I met Lindsay Dicks from Celebrity Sites; it was time…call it synchronicity at work. I had been rethinking my website and needed to delegate more of what I was choosing not to do regarding social media and web maintenance. I have never been so impressed by their professionalism, dedication or follow-through. They are there at a moments notice to work through my questions, my ideas or concerns. I give them straight A pluses. They have me for LIFE.
- Sallie Felton, Life Coach/Transition Specialist, International Talk Radio Host
#1 Best Selling Author, IF I’M SO SMART, WHY CAN’T I GET RID OF THIS CLUTTER?
Wow, you really know what you are doing & I am impressed! CelebritySites took my dead website & literally brought it to life! I never realized what I was missing until my site was completely revamped! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
- Traci Bild
I love working with you guys. FB, blogs, articles, Google +, new website etc…
You don’t mess around!
- Jeff Rebarcak / Speaker, Author, Mentor, Doctor
Celebrity Sites® is awesome! They are on top of things all the time and keep you out in front of your competition. Thanks again and again!
- Larry Frank (aka Mr. Prepared)