Lindsay’s SEO and SMM Alert – 10/01/10 Addition
YAY! October! But holy cow- where did this year go?!
Fall is my favorite time of year. Living in Florida, even the slightest bit of cooler air is a nice change… I even actually got cold when I got into my car this morning; clearly I am a “Florida girl” as it was 77 degrees outside 🙂
But even more than that, it means (football), pumpkin patches, Halloween costumes, thanksgiving turkey and much more!
Hope fall is a great time for you and your business! I’m enjoying the cooler air and gearing up for a BUSY travel schedule… Chicago, Virginia, Dallas, Baltimore (Info-Summit, if you are going), New York and San Diego… and a few more in the works!
If you follow college football- this weekend is HUGE… at least for the Gators 🙂 … depending if we win or loose it will dictate how my weekend goes 🙂
Either way, enjoy yours! And GO GATORS!!! (We play ‘Bama…)
Until next time,
Lindsay’s SEO and SMM Alert- 10/01/10 Addition
3 Ways Twitter Can Enhance Your Marketing
I like Social Media Examiner because they write very practical articles, this one is no different. A constant question I am always answering is how Twitter can actually help you in your business. Some food for though- check it out!
Marketing and Branding Your Business with a Blog
Main points to pick up:
- Blogging is a Marathon. Not a Sprint!
- Build a community with like-minded bloggers.
- Don’t let the technology get in the way of publishing your content.
- Perfection is the enemy of excellence.
- Find your “voice” and let a bit of your personality show through.
- Don’t be try to be anonymous. Transparency is the way to go.
Content Marketing Converts Event the Toughest Business Buyers
50+ years ago McGraw-Hill created an ad, it was very simple. It had 8 questions:
- I don’t know who you are.
- I don’t know your company.
- I don’t know your company’s product.
- I don’t know what your company stands for.
- I don’t know your company’s customers.
- I don’t know your company’s record.
- I don’t know your company’s reputation.
Now, what was it you wanted to sell me?
This is the power of content marketing and what it can do for your business, education always comes first.
Does Your Content Marketing Fail the ‘So What’ Customer Relevant Test?
I like this headline, and it pretty much sums up a content marketing plan. Content is good, but it must be relevant to your reader for it to do it’s job.
Should You be Using Flash on Your Website?
This one is mine 🙂 I jotted down some pros and cons to using flash after getting this question from a new client. In summary, I don’t use it- but check out the pros and cons and you can make your decision from there!