Lindsay’s SEO and SMM Alert – 11/19/10 Addition
Office one of the CRAZIEST weeks EVER, we just wrapped up shooting a TV show with Brian Tracy in our office, and amongst all of the craziness in our office my email decided to crash. Not the actually server, but all the emails "on my computer" that I save vanished… needless to say I was a little panicked.
However, after 2.5hrs on the phone with Microsoft (no, you’re not crazy I didn’t switch back to PC- I use Microsoft Entourage for Mac for my email) and them telling me that there was nothing that could be done and that "they were sorry" I figured it out and was able to restore my settings… WHEW!!
My PSA for this week is if you don’t back up your info- YOU NEED TOO! Time machine saved my life this week… even if neither Apple nor Microsoft could tell me how to use it… ultimately I was able to get it back.
Picture from this week will be up soon on Facebook so make sure to check them out at http://www.Facebook.com/LindsayDicks
Enjoy this week’s alerts!
Have a great weekend!
Lindsay’s SEO and SMM Alert- 11/19/10 Addition
YouTube Users Upoading 35 Hours of Video per Minute
Still not convinced YouTube in where you need to be? You might be after you check out this article.
3 Tips for Maximizing Engagement with Facebook "Likes" and Shares
1. Design for both Like and Share
2. Use Like and Share to build relationships
3. Optimize your content for the Facebook Feed
How Connecting Your LinkedIn Contacts Build Social Influence
"If you truly want to build social influence with your connections and become more valuable to them, dedicating time to strategically helping others can elevate your "social" status."
7 Twitter Strategies for Growing a Great Following
1. Look for people you already know
2. Twjazzle your blog
3. Pay your followers
4. Join a conversation
5. Integrate your social networks
6. Put your Twitter name in your signatures
7. Run a contest
Social Media Metrics You Should be Measuring
1. Conversion Rates
2. The Control Group
3. Growth Rate
4. Marketing Campaign History
5. Customer Acquisition Costs
6. Retention Rates
7. Customer Saves
12 Tips for Using Twitter to Grow Your Business
1. Monitor Your Name and Brand
2. Growth Your Network
3. Invite People to Follow You
4. Balance Following/Followers
6. Respond to Messages
7. Avoid Direct Messages
8. Tweet Often (But Not Too Often)
9. Contest, Content, Events and Specials
10. Share Other People’s Content
11. Help Others
12. Use Hash Tags with Caution
Twitter Rolls out Analytics Tool
"Twitter has started inviting a select group of users to test their new Twitter Analytics dashboard. Users will be able to see all sorts of data about their account, such as which tweets are most successful, which tweets caused people to unfollow them, and who their most influential retweeters are."
Link Building Tips for Personal Blogs
1. Generic Directories Aren’t Your Best Bet
2. Niche Blog Listing Sites Can be Much More Effective
3. A Few Well-Targeted Searches Can reveal Hundres of Link Opportunities
4. Answer Questions in Online Forums/ Q+A Sites
5. Submit Your Best Work to Relevant Social Portals
6. Use Twitter (and possibly Facebook + StumpleUpon) on Every Post
7. Quest Post Strategically
8. Maintain a Smart, Detailed Blogroll
9. Don’t Ignore Traditional Media
10. Don’t Buy Links or Link "Advertising"
11. Attend Local Meetups & Free Events
12. Comment, Engage & Build Relationships
13. Use Plugins & Site Features that will Enhance Your Reach
14. Include Strategic Links in Yoru Online "Bio"
4 Unique Ways to Get Traffic to Your Blog from LinkedIn
1. Create a New Blog Post in Response to a Question
2. Answer a Question Linking to Relevant Existing Posts
3. Create a Standard Signature for your Answers
4. Create a Blog Post Asking a Question that Includes Pictures
How to Get More Leads from Existing Content
"In an inbound marketing culture where there is a strong emphasis on the regular creation of fresh, original content, it’s easy to overlook the potential of evergreen content. Taking advantage of evergreen content, or content you previously published, can have a number of benefits. Due to the fact that you put a lot of thought, time, and effort into your content, it only makes sense to re-purpose it. Evergreen content may not be fresh, but it can still attract visitors to your website and generate leads for your business. We’ve discussed the basics of promoting evergreen content in social media before, so here are some tips for using landing pages and marketing analytics to derive more value from your evergreen content."