How to Create and Schedule Social Media Posts Through HootSuite
Is social media posting taking up too much time out of your day? Have you tried scheduling your social media posts in advance? When scheduled social media posts are done correctly, they can be a great way to maximize your time in front of the computer, control your content flow, and increase your visibility.
Let HootSuite help you be more productive with your social media efforts. It is a popular platform used to help you manage your social media. Many believe it’s a great scheduling tool for just Twitter and Facebook, but the truth is it can schedule to over 35 different social networks!
Here is how to create and schedule your posts using HootSuite:
- If you haven’t already done so, sign up for an account and download the free program at HootSuite.com
- Next, add your social media channels to the account
- At the top of the page, you will see a small box that says, “Compose message.” Here you can type whatever message you want, add photos, links, and decide what time you want the post to go out.
- Next you can select which social networks you want to use located to the left of the compose message box. Bonus: You can schedule your post to go out to more than one network at a time!
- To schedule the post, click on the calendar icon in the compose box, which you then can choose to use the manual or auto scheduling option.
- After you’re done composing, scheduling, and choosing what networks the post should go out to, then you hit Send Now or Schedule.
While scheduling social media posts in advance saves you time, be sure to always provide your audience with quality messages that authentically promote your brand and engage your followers. Remember, you don’t want to fully automate your social media efforts! However, when posts are scheduled with the intention of providing your followers with substantial content throughout their day, it can be a great tool to grow your online reputation, thus making you the go-to expert in your field!