Happy New Year!! SEO and SMM Alert- 12/31/10 Addition
Happy New Year!
I cannot believe that 2010 is over… seems a bit of a whirlwind year for us over here. This year has had it’s ups and downs… both personal and in business. While going through the "trying times" we of course never enjoy them, however looking back, I wouldn’t change them. In some way, each one brought me closer to a goal and ultimately was a blessing in disguise (as many of the toughest things in life usually are).
I saw this quote the other day, and it kind of summed up those difficult times we all go through…
“Anyone can give up, it’s the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that’s true strength."
I am so thankful for the growth in our business this year, as well as the growth in myself. It truly has been an amazing year and I’m so excited for what’s already shaping up to be an amazing (albeit, busy) 2011!
I wish you nothing but the best in 2011! And if there is anything I can every do for you, you know how to reach me!
HERE’S TO RINGING IN A PROSPEROUS 2011! BRING IT ON! 🙂
Enjoy this week’s alerts!
Lindsay’s SEO and SMM Alert- 12/31/10 Addition
Here are the two from the post that I enjoy the most!
"Facebook was not only the most searched item of the year, but it passed Google as America’s most-visited website in 2010, according to a new report from Experian Hitwise."
- Mobile Web Goes Mainstream
- Web Design as a Profession Will Become Specialized
- Simpler Aesthetics for Websites
- Web Design Will Replace Print Design (even more)
- Define your target audience
- Define what your target audience desires
- Create a "Home-Style" Digital Persona
- Research and identify the blogs your customers are reading
- Organize for daily consumption
- Track and monitor bloggers via Twitter lists
- Get to know the bloggers
- Provide insightful comments
- Leave a digital "breadcrumb"
- Follow up with an "ask"
- Create Content Others Will Want to Share
- Distribute Online Press Releases
- Write Guest Posts
- Link to Others
- Share Content with Relevant Websites
- Create a Link Network
- Don’t Forget Internal Links
- Pick a niche that you are passionate about
- Build a site
- Become and authority
- Buy traffic
- Ensure you are using a quality host
- Ramp up on natural search
- Be interactive, fun and helpful
- Embed videos on your Facebook page
- Create a connection between Facebook and the outside world
- Create contest on Facebook
- Integrate traditional advertising with Facebook
- Use Facebook to grow your email list, and visa versa
- Introduce a new product on Facebook