Get Noticed: Seven Ways to Drive More Traffic to Your Business Website
Building a powerful CelebrityExpert® brand on the internet starts with a great website. Your website should be visually appealing, packed with strong content, and most importantly should position you as an expert in your field. I’ve written quite a bit about the process of building an effective website, and with good reason – because often, your website creates the first impression that your audience has of you.
But here’s the thing… no matter how impressive your website is, it doesn’t count for anything if nobody sees it! In order to brand you as a CelebrityExpert® and ultimately grow your business, your website first needs to receive traffic – specifically, potential clients and customers in your market. So today, we’re going to focus on this vital step and examine seven ways you can drive more traffic to your website.
1) Get active on social media. Social media sites, like Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter, have hundreds of millions of users each day. And they are only growing more popular. For that reason, establishing an active social media presence is one of the quickest and most effective ways to boost your website traffic. Your business should have a presence on each of these sites, and should regularly feature blogs, articles, and other content that provides value to your audience. This allows you to demonstrate your expertise while driving traffic to your website at the same time.
2) Use email marketing. If you’ve got a large email database, email marketing is an affordable and efficient way to attract website traffic. (If you don’t have many email addresses, get to work building your list – it can pay big dividends!) Use email marketing to highlight special offers and promotions, but also to feature content such as blog entries and articles that provide value to your readers. This will allow you to keep your audience engaged and ensure that they are continuing to read your emails and click on your links. Track the results over time so that you can see what’s working and what’s not.
3) Leverage the power of video. Video is an increasingly powerful tool for business owners on the internet. It’s useful for a number of reasons. Well-produced video sends the message that you and your company are highly professional and credible. Video that addresses common questions your market and your customers have is a great way to demonstrate your expertise. And most importantly for today’s purposes, using video sites like YouTube and Vimeo is a great way to reach a larger audience and ultimately direct them back to your website. Take advantage of this powerful tool!
4) Write blogs and articles to attract search engine users. Written content, like blog entries and articles, is a powerful way to boost your visibility on search engines like Google, Yahoo! and Bing. The key is to focus on topics and keywords that your audience is searching for, and then write about them. For instance, imagine you’re a retirement coach. One of the topics that your audience is always looking for help about is the best approach to receiving their Social Security benefits. Writing content which addresses this topic increases your chances of being found on search engines for this topic – so if a searcher types "When should I begin receiving social security benefits" YOUR blog entry may show up. The searcher will often then click on the link and end up on your website, where he or she can read the blog entry and then contact you for further assistance.
5) Increase visibility by syndicating articles across the internet. In addition to featuring your blogs and articles on your website, you can also syndicate articles on other sites across the web. There are hundreds of article directories and social bookmarking sites available – and if you’d like help figuring out which are the most valuable for your business, get in touch with me. Syndicating your content allows you to reach a huge audience of readers looking for information regarding your area of expertise and drive them to your site.
6) Create website content that is keyword-rich and search engine friendly. Just as important as the visual design of your website is the written content that you feature. In fact, for the purposes of driving traffic to your website, the written content matters more than just about anything else! Many business owners don’t give much time or effort to writing this content, but that’s a mistake. Not only is well-written content important when it comes to converting leads and closing deals, but it’s critical for achieving high rankings on search engines. Part of creating your website should be determining which keywords are most important for your business, and then creating content around those keywords. I know that this process can seem overwhelming, so if you’d like some further guidance please get in touch!
7) Include a website link in your email signature, on LinkedIn, on your business cards, and everywhere else it’s appropriate. Finally, an obvious step that too many people miss: list your website address everywhere you can! When you meet someone and hand them a business card, make sure that they’re going to be able to find your site to learn more. Include your website in your email signature – if you’re like me, you may send hundreds of emails per week, and that’s hundreds of opportunities to drive more traffic to your site. It’s also important to list your website on LinkedIn and on other social networks.
A compelling website is an important step in building your CelebrityExpert® brand. But what’s the point of a great website if nobody ever visits it? These seven steps will help you drive more traffic to your website and ultimately help you grow your business. I hope that you find them helpful – and if you’ve got questions, or if you just need some help getting started with these strategies, I’m here for you! Get in touch with me today to learn more.