Building Your Business Blog Empire
By now, I’m sure you’ve heard the term "blog." If not- you might possibly be living under a rock 🙂 Although I have no doubt you are aware of the term and know what it means, I’m still shocked how many sites still don’t have one… do you?
Today, blogging has become an effective way to communicate across the web as well as a great way to market yourself and/or your company. The best blogs are a delicate balance of information and personality, and that little bit of cleverness can be an excellent way to build (or reinforce) your business brand. Blogs are a great way to get the conversation started about what you do or have to offer.
Like every other aspect of your business your blog should be "branded." And when I say that- I don’t so much mean like a logo is branded, but rather I mean the "theme" or "tone" of the blog should be branded; what you are preaching on your blog should match your overall theme of what you are promoting from your business as a whole.
As we always say, "people buy people" and customers like to see a face behind the business name. After all, it’s what makes you unique and what will make you stand out (and above) your competition. And while personality is very important, your customers and prospects are equally interested in having up-to-date news on what’s happening in the business in general, and not just up-to-date… it really should be more specific; it’s up-to-date RELEVANT content. The best blogs are the blogs that weave personality and humor into great takeaway content. Blogs are one of THE BEST ways to brand you as the expert in your niche.
Here are 6 benefits of a business blog:
- Expert Status. Today, the first thing someone does when making the decision to do business with a company is check them out online. A well-updated blog with valuable content is a great way to showcase your expert status to you prospects and show that you are well informed.
- Real-time Discussion. Blogs are instantaneous and allow you to share information directly (and quickly) with your clients and prospects. They also provide a way for your clients and prospects to engage with you by leaving questions and comments on your posts.
- Boosting Traffic with Backlinks. You don’t have to limit your blogging to just your own blog. Being a contributing blogger to traffic sites can be a great way to create quality backlinks and increase traffic.
- Good SEO. One of the keys to SEO (search engine optimization) is to make sure your website is constantly being updated with current, relevant content. Blogs make it easy for businesses to add fresh content to their websites on a regular basis.
- Low Cost Marketing. Blogs are a very cheap way to keep your customers informed with new products/services you are offering. They are also a wonderful way to continue building your relationship with your customers and prospects.
- Keeps You Ahead of Your Competition. In today’s competitive industry, a blog can help to distinguish you from your competition. By showing your personality and keeping up-to-date information about your company and your industry, a blog can give you that little extra boost to rise above your competition.
If you want return readership, make each post count. Consider what a customer reading your blog might hope to gain from it. Maybe you are a trusted product reviewer. Maybe you are insightful and offer good wisdom or inspiration. Your appeal might be your humorous writing approach. Perhaps you know how to offer a good inside scoop. What better way for a customer to monitor the climate of a company or get real-time updates than through reading an insider’s blog?
Think of blogging as a type of high-quality, interactive advertising. It can draw people towards your company and boost your profile. But it can also do more than that. It can show what your company is interested in and that you are engaged with the rest of the world; it can show that you care about listening to others. The boost that it can give to the reputation as well as the sales of your company is considerable.
Every company, no matter how small, should have a blogging presence. If you don’t already have a blog, jump in and try it. It might just be a vital key you’ve been missing to gaining more clients.