Bringing the Joy of Christmas to Social Media
It’s officially the most wonderful time of the year! Life is filled with Christmas carols, sparkly decorations, and spending lots of time with friends and family. As it gets closer to the big day, you’ll want to spend more and more with loved ones, and less time focusing on social media. If you plan now, you can keep sharing your expertise (and Christmas spirit!) with your followers all season long.
Here are ten ways to spread Christmas cheer all the way through the December 25th:
- Make a Christmas card to share. Get everyone in your office to show up dressed in a Christmas theme (this can range from Santa hats to the ugly Christmas sweater trend to just wearing red and green) and take a group photo. Make sure to use a wide-enough angle that you’ll have room to add text that says something like "Happy Holidays from Acme!" Then share it on social media!
- Give gifts. In the days leading up to Christmas, why not have your own 12 Days of Christmas by offering a series of free "gifts" to your followers? These might be things related to your business, like a special free chapter of your book, or something just to share some holiday joy, like a cute Christmas-themed YouTube video.
- Offer a discount. Most businesses offer some sort of discount during the holidays, and your business shouldn’t be the exception. Now’s the perfect time to offer a percentage off to new clients, or a free gift to those who sign up!
- Share your office’s favorite holiday traditions. You can send a short survey to your staff (asking them for things like their favorite Christmas carol and favorite Christmas treat) and create a Facebook album with their pictures and responses. Not only does this give you some Christmas-themed content, but it also allows your followers to get to know your staff better. It’s always a great time to improve client-company relationships!
- Don’t forget to share office party photos! Office parties are a great way to celebrate and have a good time with colleagues, but it’s also a great way to show off office fun and personalities to your followers.
- Send a holiday video. Now that smart phones are ubiquitous, it’s easier than ever to shoot a quick video to wish your followers a Merry Christmas "face-to-face." You can even have some fun with it and sing a short Christmas carol (like "We Wish You a Merry Christmas") to put a smile on everyone’s face!
- Spread good tidings. Christmas is a time of giving, not only of gifts to those you love, but also to help those in need. In fact, 34% of the Americans who give to charity are more likely to do so during the holidays! Now is the perfect time to highlight your company’s commitment to helping others, and hopefully bring in even more donations for the cause close to your heart!
- Sharing is caring! Ask your followers to share their favorite holiday carol, tradition, recipe, or craft. Who knows? You might just pick up a new favorite.
- Give your profiles a Christmas theme. Celebrate Christmas all season long by adding a holiday vibe to your profile pictures, backgrounds, and cover photos. Updating your profile with snowflakes, gift packages, Christmas trees, or any other holiday décor automatically delivers the holiday spirit.
- Schedule a "Merry Christmas!" image post. Find or create a festive image to wish your followers a Merry Christmas, and then schedule it to go out Christmas morning. When they log in (and let’s face it: most people probably will), they’ll see a friendly holiday greeting from you!
That should get you started on keep your holiday campaign going on season long! If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch!