Advertising on Instagram
Ever considered an ad on Instagram? With a community of over 400 million users (making it one of the world’s largest social media platforms), Instagram ads can help you reach a larger audience by building awareness and driving traffic to your website.
There are three types of Instagram creative ads:
- Photo –representation through imagery.
- Video- visual representation through a thirty-second video with the added elements of sound and motion.
- Carousel- a photo ad carousel, giving users the opportunity to swipe through multiple images.
To get started with Instagram advertising, your brand needs a Facebook page. If you don’t already one, you can create one here. To add an Instagram account to the Facebook page follow these steps:
- Go to your Facebook page
- Click “Settings” in the top-right of the page
- Click “Instagram Ads” on the left menu.
- If you already have an Instagram account, click “Add an Account” and sync up the username and password.
- If you don’t have Instagram, click “Add an Account” and select “Create a new account.” A screen will appear, prompting the instructions on how to join Instagram.
- Click “Confirm.”
To create your Instagram ad:
- Go to your Facebook page and click “Create Campaign.”
- Select an objective, such as promote a page
- Set target audience, budget, and schedule.
- Click “Chose Ad Creative.”
- Choose the content of the ad, which can be run solely on Instagram or both Instagram and Facebook simultaneously.
- Format the ad by selecting the creative: video, photo, or carousel
- Select your respective Facebook Page and Instagram accounts to represent the ad.
- Fill in the ad details: headline, text, and call to action to add links.
- Ad Preview will show the placement of the ad in the media channels where it will run. Default settings will include Facebook news feeds and audience network. You can customize the ad’s placement with the “remove” icon to the right.
- To run the ad, click place order.
- Facebook will review the ad for appropriate content and pricing; once it’s approved, the ad will begin running on Instagram and other selected media channels.